Happy week before finals everyone!! Stress is inevitable for law students and it builds up dramatically right before finals. When you’re spending hours a day studying, all I ask of you (because I care) is for you to take breaks. Breaks are great and they can be as short as 10 minutes if that’s all you can manage. Personally, I always feel better after taking a break from studying (probably because it’s not studying). Breaks allow you to step back and analyze what you’ve learned, refresh your mind and come back relaxed and ready to study some more! I’ve compiled a list of things that you can do during your break, so here goes.
- Mini-personal dance party.
- Study group dance party.
- Watch an episode of Bob’s Burgers.
- Go get tacos and eat them.
- Clean something, you’ll feel productive.
- Take a walk (the weather is going to be BEAUTIFUL this week, annoying as that is).
- Take a walk specifically to go get more coffee/energy drinks.
- Take a walk and hopefully you’ll find a dog you can pet.
- If you’re in the library, take a lap and find a friend you can talk to for a bit.
- 20 minute nap, which I don’t strongly recommend because it will likely turn into a 2 hour nap.
- Google pictures of your favorite animal.
- Google pictures of your favorite celebrity, preferably in their underwear.
Suggestions: Zac Efron, Chris Evans, Liam and Chris Hemsworth, David Beckham, Scarlett Johansson, Emma Watson, Emma Stone, Beyonce.
- EVEN BETTER IDEA: google your favorite celebrity WITH animals. That’s the stuff.
- Write in a journal.
- Even more fun, find your old journals from middle school and read them.
- Call your parents and ask them to remind you why you chose to go to law school.
- Call a friend that always makes you laugh.
- Call an enemy and laugh at them.
- Buy something from the Target $1 section.
- Exercise…I really mean dance around your living room.
- Drink an iced coffee outside while glaring at the undergrads having fun in the sun because THEY DON’T EVEN KNOW.
Songs to listen to during your break
- The Killers – Mr. Brightside
- The Foundations – Build Me Up Buttercup
- DJ Snake & Lil John – Turn Down for What (for Ben)
- One Direction – Kiss You
- Tina Turner – The Best (for Prof. Reynolds)
- Kansas – Carry On Wayward Son
- Billy Joel – The Longest Time (for Tom)
- Paramore – Ain’t it Fun
- B.o.B feat. Rivers Cuomo – Magic (for Trisha)
- Hall & Oates – You Make My Dreams (for Nathalie)
- Michael Jackson – The Way You Make Me Feel
- Girls Generation – Hoot (for John)
- One Republic – Counting Stars
Basically, I just want everyone to take care of themselves. This week is going to be filled with law textbooks, E&E’s, outlines, flashcards, caffeine, and stress. Just remember, that you’ve got this and you’re awesome! Hopefully I’ve made you laugh a little with this silly post and if you need more recommendations, you know where to find me.
Also, congratulations to all the 3L’s that had their last class! All you have to do is finish up strong and you’re out of here!